<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, February 25, 2006

This Is Sick 

Remember a few weeks ago when I went on a rant about the religious fanatics interviewed on the XXXChurch.com podcast?

Well, guess what. They were in the news yesterday. The woman mentioned in this article, Shirley Phelps-Roper, was the woman interviewed.

Stuff like this pisses me off to no end. I know we're supposed to love everyone, but I don't see any biblical evidence suggesting that we have to like everyone. And I don't like people like this.

UPDATE: For some more information on what exactly these people think about homosexuals, Jews, blacks, Christians, and America, go here.

Also, they have a new website, GodHatesAmerica.com. It's just...incredible, in that it's-like-a-car-crash-in-that-I-can't-stop-looking-at-it way. It mentions their plans to picket at the funeral of Coretta Scott-King. It talks about their views on September 11, the Space Shuttle Columbia Crash, the Iraq war, etc. It talks about how they think the Pope and all Catholics are in hell. It has the lyrics of "hymns" they sing like "America the Burning" and "God Hates America". It even has the transcript of a debate the pastor had with a guy named John Rankin, who has a graduate degree in theology from Harvard. From what I read of the transcript, it seemed to me like Rankin clearly knew more about what he was talking about than their pastor...who just kept insulting him and wouldn't answer any of his questions, implying that they were products of a sinful and wrong mind.

Also, evidently there was a documentary made about this guy. You can find a trailer and clips from it over at: FredTheMovie.com. I'm not sure if it's pro-what he's saying, against it, or somewhere in between. But it looks fascinating.

UPDATE #2: I remembered that on my first rant about these guys, I didn't post links to their websites. There are a ton of them, their home page being GodHatesFags.com, and there are more currently in development. Here they all are for your viewing/thinking...er...."pleasure"....

GodHatesFags.com
GodHatesAmerica.com
SmellTheBrimstone.com
PriestsRapeBoys.com
GodHatesSweden.com
GodHatesCanada.com
AmericaIsDoomed.com
YourPastorIsAWhore.com
GodIsTheTerrorist.com

Now they're really starting to go a little overboard. I mean, come on - God hates America, Sweden and Canada? Doesn't it make more sense to save webspace just by having one central site? Let's say...GodHatesEveryoneExceptWestboroBaptistChurch.com?

UPDATE #3: Check out this sub-page here. Nothing like a little self-promotion. I guess they really do think they're the only people on earth who know the "unvarnished truth."

Wow. Just...wow.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?