<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

The Act Is Done 

Today was a pretty good day. Unfortunately, I've got a religion project and some job work to do tomorrow, not to mention meetings to go to, but overall it shouldn't be too bad. Can't wait for Spring Break. Tomorrow I'm gonna sign up for NetFlix and use the 2-week free trial while I'm in High Point. So there will be movies waiting for me when I get there. Woohoo!

On another note...I'm proud to say that The Act is finished. It should premiere online sometime within the next week. I just saw it a few hours ago, and I have to say...it's hit-and-miss. I'd give it a 2.5-3/5. About like I expected. Some things I really love about it, some things I really hate about it. There are a lot of little details that detract from the film; they're the kind of things that could have been fixed if the editor had gotten the tapes earlier or if I had seen a rough cut. But hey, what happened happened. He might go back within the next few weeks and touch it up.

So yeah. Anyways, check it out, even if you end up hating it. If there's one thing I can say about it it's that it looks fantastic. Andrew Cranford did a terrific job with the color correction. And considering Deej was rushed, he did a pretty solid job with the directing. Unfortunately, a few scenes/shots were never done properly, which meant they couldn't be included in the film, so our editor was forced to move around them. I think that's pretty much the biggest problem with it - all of the stuff in the script isn't in there. Particularly the end. As it is, the filmed version of the film ends on a totally different note than I intended, completely nullifying the theme and message I was trying to bring across. But hey. It happens. Besides, if I'm remember correctly the script will be posted for people to read.

Oh, and Deej took out the profanity, since his actors weren't willing to say it. I can understand that, but I'm also slightly disappointed. I only included profanity in the rare situations where I felt the script called for it. Some of those lines gave me the willies.

When I watch it, there are times when I think, "That's really good." There are other times when I think, "That's really bad." It's possible that I'll continue to play around with the plot and storyline, maybe develop it some more. Who knows, maybe one day I'll direct a version of it myself. That is, once I get around to writing and directing the next thing I want to do...which at this rate won't be any time soon. Maybe over Spring Break I can at least hammer out an outline.

Anyways, that's all for now. I'll state my opinion on The Act in more detail once it premieres.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?