<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, March 06, 2006

Why I Still Watch The Oscars 

Because every year, it seems like the one award I'm hoping a movie/person will receive is the one they end up getting. Last year, I wanted Charlie Kaufman to win Best Original Screenplay. He did. This year, I wanted Paul Haggis to win Best Original Screenplay. He did. Sure, I don't always agree with all of the Academy's decisions, but on the whole I'm okay with most of their choices. It'll take something really stupid for me to start boycotting them.

Also, but Crash upset Brokeback Mountain for Best Picture. I cheered at the announcement. It was definitely the biggest surprise and upset of the night, and I for one was glad for it. It was my favorite film of 2005. I've seen 3 of the 5 films nominated, and after seeing Crash three times have concluded that it most likely was the best of all five. Go Academy.

I'll post more on my life and the Oscars later today. But it's 3:40 AM, so I should probably sleep.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?