<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, September 17, 2006

Same Old, Same Old 

Yo yo yo. It was a busy week, hence the lack of updates. Last weekend I went to D.C. to surprise Souwa. That was fun. Then I came back only to find myself engulfed in homework and tests. Fun fun fun.

Anyways, I've pretty much just been relaxing whenever I'm not working, watching movies and playing GameCube. I got two new games - NBA Street 2 and Prince of Persia: The Warrior Within. Both are pretty sweet.

My brief thoughts on the movies I've seen recently:

Hollywoodland - Pretty good, though could have benefitted from the removal of an entire subplot.

Infernal Affairs - Pretty good little Asian flick. Makes me wonder how Martin Scorsese's gringo version (The Departed) is going to be.

Twist of Faith - A good but depressing documentary about the sexual abuse scandal that shook the Catholic church back in 2002. Down with organized religion!

Touch of Evil - Orson Welles' classic. It's good, even if it does have Charlton Heston cast as a Mexican. I still have to see Citizen Kane though...

Over the Hedge - The best CG-animated film I've seen that isn't put out by Pixar, with some surprisingly intelligent themes. Take that, Chicken Little!

The Illusionist - A good movie, but I'm not sure if I like the ending or not. Edward Norton is still awesome.

Dreadheads - An interesting but uneven documentary. My review is here, and my article about the director is here. He's a pretty cool guy.

At 8 AM on Sunday, October 1 I will be jumping out of an airplane.

Tomorrow I start three days worth of driving lessons. Agh!

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?