<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, April 12, 2007

It Is Time 

As much as I'd like to post some more theology-related thoughts that I've been meditating on recently, I don't have time. It is approximately 4:30 in the morning. I have been up finishing up as much schoolwork as possible. Why? Because in approximately four and a half hours I will be waking up and getting organized for the event that I have been waiting all year to attend.

That's right, folks. IT'S FULL FRAME TIME!

Over the next three and a half days, I will spend approximately 52 hours at the Carolina Theater in Durham watching documentaries, talking documentaries, thinking documentaries, and meeting people related to documentaries. On average, I will be spending around 13-14 hours a day in DocumentaryLand. This is like the Southwestern weekend of movie geekness. Unfortunately, I have learned the Scorsese will only be there in video form, but the other nine guests will be there in person, and I am about to wet myself in anticipation. I am about to sacrifice sleep, nutrition and my social life for the greater good that is Full Frame. If possible, I will try to post brief daily updates of the experience, but seeing as how I won't be getting back until between midnight and 2 A.M. it's doubtful that I'll be able to, despite the fact that I'll probably be on a four-day caffeine high. So much to see, so little time!

Let the insanity begin.

Quotes of Da Moment:
"A Festival like this offers a sustained, concentrated exposure to the sheer emotional power of documentary filmmaking, its ability to communicate the drama embedded in human experience. In Durham last weekend, you could walk into the stately dark of the Carolina Theatre and lose yourself in real life."
--A.O. Scott of The New York Times

"The premier documentary film festival in the United States."
--IndieWire and The New York Times

"The preeminent documentary film festival in North America."
--Docurama

"The Cannes of documentary film festivals."
--International Documentary

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?