<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Free At Last! 

Free at last, free at last, thank God Almighty, I'm free at last!

I am in High Point. I am finished with my exams. I have escaped.

This was the semester from hell. I am so glad that it's over. It sucked both in terms of academics and life in general. You can give me all the jazz about how things get better, suffering happens, whatever. You know what, you're absolutely right. But that doesn't change the fact that it sucked! I want a t-shirt that says "I SURVIVED THE SPRING OF 2007."

Things I am grateful for:

1) Everyone who supported me. I barely made it as it is.
2) That I am not of legal drinking age, and did not encounter any open containers of alcohol. There were moments when if I had had the opportunity I would have gotten as drunk as possible and probably wound up in the hospital. No joke. It's weird to not have any desire to drink and then out of nowhere get this huge temptation.
3) That it's over.

The peak of the bad stuff was passed a few weeks ago, and now this is another important step. I'm so excited. Life is good. I am free to leave this whole semester behind and start fresh. I'm off to Wisconsin and then China. Basically: I will not set foot back on the NC State campus for seven months. Hallelujah. It's time for a change in scenery, mind, heart, attitude and spirit.

Woohoo!

***

I went to see Spider-Man 3 again. I think overall I liked it a bit better than the first time. It seemed more... stable. Not quite as uneven as the first time. It's still a very flawed movie, but overall I like it. Hey, it's a comic book movie. It won't win any Oscars. And it's at least a little better than the mediocre X-Men: The Last Stand.

I also saw The Last Kiss. It was so-so. The ending is really good, but it's extremely unrealistic. That would never happen. I mean, hey, I'm a romantic and I'm all for trying that, but it's not going to turn out well. He would get the cops called on him. If you've seen it, you know what I mean.

I also just finished watching House of 1000 Corpses. I had never seen a Rob Zombie movie, but I know a couple of people that really like him, so I decided to check it out. I was just looking to turn my brain off and have a little gory horror fun. The verdict: the characters are interesting, the dialogue is pretty clever at times, but it's just not that scary. I was expecting something a lot creepier. However, I've heard the sequel is better, so I'll probably give that a chance.

Oh, and Rocky Balboa is overrated. Some good characterization, but overall, I didn't see what the big deal was. It's good, but it's not fantastic.

***

The following video is dedicated to Karen, who loves all things emo. It also seems appropriate in light of Spider-Man 3 (Emo Pete). I love his facial expressions.



***

And speaking of Spider-Man 3:




***

It's time to sleep for a few dozen hours.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?