<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, May 11, 2007

Goodbye For Now 

So this is it. In a few hours, I will be off to Nashville for a week of Sales School, and then Wisconsin for the summer. I don't know if I will have access to a computer, so this may be the last you hear from me for a while. It's going to be good.

Things I Have Learned So Far This Year:

1) It's true. Turning twenty changes everything, and makes life a lot harder and more complicated.
2) Love (of all types) is the greatest force in the universe, and the easiest to misinterpret. As a result of learning this, I am now no longer a romantic, but I am also not a cynic. Rather, I'm a romantic cynic. Odi et amo: quare id faciam, fortasse requiris. Nescio, sed fieri sentio et excrucior.
3) The problem with time healing everything is that it takes time. Also, I have yet to discover whether that is true, or if certain wounds never fully heal. I guess it depends on who you ask.
4) Things get better.
5) God is faithful (I think and trust - if I knew for certain, I'd be moving mountains).
6) My greatest sin is pride.
7) I don't know much.

Who knows what the summer may show me?

Random movie notes: Deliver Us From Evil is a very good, very dark documentary about the Catholic Church sex scandal. It's very heavy. Every time the main priest was onscreen I got this weird feeling that I was looking at something purely evil. He claims to want forgiveness and resolve, but there's something about his eyes and his tone of voice that say otherwise. It's creepy. If you rent it, be sure to check out the deleted scenes for what appears to have been a fairly indepth tangent about the contradictions between the biblical church and the Catholic Church in general, not just in regards to sexuality.

I also just finished watching Russian Ark. This film is a technical and artistic masterpiece. Unfortunately, it's also extremely boring. I had no idea what was going on in terms of the narrator and his friend (basically, how we're supposedly back in time looking at 300 years of Russian history to begin with) and don't know enough about Russian history or culture to really care. There was a period of around one minute about 3/4 into the movie where I was like, "Hey! That's Anastasia! And Tsar Nicholas!" Then they were gone. Blegh. Still, the sheer fact that this movie was made is in itself a miracle. I don't want to think about the amount of planning that must have gone into it, and what it would mean if a single detail was out of place...

Hm, okay. Well that's it. Time to get a few hours sleep before driving for hours and hours. I wish you all a good summer. Have fun!

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?