<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, May 09, 2007

I Don't Get It 

So, on Tuesday, I woke up at 8:45. At night. That makes for a total of 18 hours of sleep straight.

Why is it that after that much sleep, plus frequent naps, I still feel exhausted? I don't get it. This semester must have killed me more than I thought.

Haven't been doing much except getting ready to leave and watching movies.

The Devil's Rejects really, really sucks. I have no idea why people like Rob Zombie. At least the first one was kinda campy fun and had Dwight from The Office in it.

The Holiday, on the other hand, is very good. The best romantic comedy I've seen in quite some time. It actually showed some originality in terms of characterization. Jack Black should do more serious roles - he can handle it.

I checked out Bram Stoker's Dracula since I remembered it being mentioned here and there in my screenwriting class in a discussion about the vampire genre. Wow. What a mixed bag. This movie is incoherent and acts as though it's more interesting than it really is. However, visually, it has some really, really cool shots. Oh, and Gary Oldman proves once again he's one of the greatest actors alive. Somehow he managed to pull off an actual performance in that makeup. The movie can't decide whether or not it wants to be an homage to old 40s and 50s vampire flicks or its own movie. After the first sequence with Keanu Reeves, I was thinking to myself, "You know, this isn't half bad as a parody or a tribute to the genre's roots." Then a little later, when things started not making much sense, I realized that it was taking itself seriously. Still, at least my eyes were entertained by some really good makeup and shot composition.

16 Blocks is better than I thought it would be. All of the performances were fantastic. Mos Def is one of the few musicians out there who can actually act, as movies like this and The Woodsman have shown.

The Prophecy is at least entertaining. Christopher Walken as a fallen angel? Viggo Mortensen as Lucifer? Count me in. The story is a bit weak, but Walken steals the show, and I enjoy movies exploring theological issues, no matter how unrealistic. Kinda like Constantine. That was a fun movie, too.

Also: I got my autographed DVD of Crank in the mail today. Yay.

Oh, and I got my screenplay back. I made an A. Booyah.

One more day until I'm out of here.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?