<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, August 15, 2007

So That's Done 

Back from a second summer of selling books. Wow. I made it through again. For that alone, I am officially awesome.

You ever feel like there's way too many things you've learned, way too many thoughts going around in your brain? That's how I feel right now. Too much stuff. I need a filing cabinet for my head.

Examples of things learned:

1) People are stupid, ignorant, proud, untrustworthy, uncivilized and on the whole just plain bad. Thankfully, there are a few good ones here and there that go against the mold. It's interesting - after last summer, I would have said the exact opposite.

2) Attitude is everything. Unfortunately, learning how to control it is easier said than done.

3) You can't escape life's problems. They will follow you no matter where you go.

4) Queen is the greatest band ever. "I Want To Break Free" and "The Show Must Go On" effectively summarize my summer.

There was a lot of other stuff learned as well, but those are the things that have been on my mind most recently. Spiritually speaking, overall this summer was a better for me than last summer, but it's still a mixed bag, due partially to the subconscious effects of last semester. It's interesting how God can simultaneously be your best friend and worst enemy at the same time, and how one person's step towards growth can be another's shove backwards if handled improperly.

It was a tough summer, but it was also a good one. A lot of people don't really understand that the job actually can be a whole lot of fun, if you make it that way. I probably have better stories than all of the other people I know combined. It's also worth it just for the people you meet (the good ones, anyway). I have people whose names I still remember, who left a lasting impression on me. This really is the best job at teaching you the kind of person you want to be, as a father and a husband and just in general. You can't take that away.

One of these days I'll have to share some of the experiences I've had on "the bookfield." But not tonight. It's time for some well-deserved sleep.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?