<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, August 28, 2007

So This Is The East 

I'm in Beijing, and the Internet is finally up and running! Woohoo!

Things are going well so far. Unfortunately, I can't post about them here because China's Internet filters are preventing me from viewing anyone's blogs, including my own. It's letting me use Blogger to post, but the site is in Chinese, and I can't see this once I post it. I wonder if this is just a widespread ban for all Blogger sites, or just the ones I normally visit (perhaps due to religious content?). Either way, it doesn't look like I won't be blogging for the next 4 months, at least not here.

However, I am going to set up an email group of people who would like to stay updated with my life and what's going on here in China. There will probably be 2 groups: one for updates specifically about my time in China, and another for my thoughts about life and random things in general. If you would like to be updated, send me an email (arjcandyman@gmail.com) and let me know what updates you'd like, or both. It won't be as easy to post pictures, but I should at least be able to send them as attachments. It's not as convenient as Blogger, but it's at least something. Feel free to send me any other ideas.

This will be my last post here for a few months. Here's hoping it gets out there.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?