<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Obamania 

Mason's party was alright. I played a game of beer pong and sat around for a few hours. During the weekend, I went to three movies (see the film blog) and satisfied my new addiction: Guitar Hero. Unfortunately, I have now made it to Hard mode, and I'm not very good. My future as a world-famous guitar player does not look bright.

***

Last night I went to a screening of Over Her Dead Body. I had never heard of it, and I wasn't expecting much. My official review comes out tomorrow, but to sum up the experience in five words: it felt like being aborted. That is the only way I think of to describe it. RV deserves an Academy Award compared to this movie. Yes, you read that correctly. I will not be surprised if many people who see it decide to become atheists because they don't understand how a loving God would allow such a project to be greenlit.

***

John Edwards dropped out of the Presidential race. I guess this means I'm going to be voting Obama. The only Republican I'd even consider voting for is Ron Paul, and he doesn't have much of a shot at getting the nomination. Huckabee wants to "take America back for Christ," which I find scary and annoying. Romney freaks me out. And I disagree with McCain on pretty much everything. So yeah, if I had to bet, I'd say Obama is going to be our next President. I'll probably end up voting for him, anyway.

***

I have cable now. Woohoo! I have also made a rather shocking discovery about a recent television show. Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles actually doesn't suck. With a title like that, I was expecting it to be awful, but it's actually pretty interesting and does some interesting things with the mythology. Hopefully it will stay that way. Now if only the strike will end so I can start watching The Office and the new season of Battlestar Galactica...

Also: It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia is probably one of the funniest shows I've ever seen, especially considering practically no one has even heard of it. It's without a doubt the most politically incorrect show on television, probably ever. Episodes will focus on topics like abortion, homosexuality, even pedophilia, and somehow it works. I laughed so hard I almost cried. It's so wrong, and yet so wonderful.

***

Daniel Day-Lewis seems like a cool guy. He dedicated his SAG award to Heath Ledger. He also appears to have read my commentary.

Quote of Da Moment:
"Sitting on the floor is 'roughing it' for me."
--Ana Moorefield (paraphrased)

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?