<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, January 24, 2008

The Weekend Begins Early 

My one class tomorrow has been canceled due to the teacher getting sick. It is now officially the weekend! Woohoo!

Weekend plans: tomorrow night I'm gonna hang out with Mason and celebrate his 21st birthday. My hypothesis is that, as happens on most Americans' 21st birthdays, there will be enormous amounts of alcohol consumed. I'm guessing a few people will end up spending the night there after passing out. Speaking of which, here's a random question: why is it that people still make a big deal out of their 21st birthday when a lot of them have already been drinking for a few years? I guess it's just like, "Hey! I can actually walk into a store and buy alcohol myself now! I think I'll do it, and throw a huge party to celebrate!" American culture boggles my mind.

I'm also planning on going to go see two movies at the campus cinema, and possibly one or two other movies if I have time. I've gotta catch up on the Oscar nominees. Other than that and do some reading for school, I don't have a lot of plans. Should be good.

My review of There Will Be Blood got published in The Technician/my film blog today. I also ended up writing a last-minute commentary about the death of Heath Ledger, which someone on the Technician website has already publicly thanked me for. It feels good to be appreciated.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?