<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Welcome To Hell 

This week is going to be hell. I've got waaaay too much stuff to do before Spring Break. Let's count them down, shall we?

1) Two midterms, one of which is for my film class. Studying will most likely involve reading the dictionary.

2) The second project for my social research class. I will be up most of the night working on this.

3) Internship applications. A lot of them are due Saturday, and since I'm flying to Chicago on Friday (yay!) I pretty much have to have them all submitted by Thursday. The majority of them will involve relocating if I'm accepted (yay!). One of them involves editing a video. As much as I love working with film, this is not the best week for it time-wise.

I also have the usual commitments, like Bible study and whatnot. Tonight I am going to a screening of Semi-Pro, simply because it is the only time I will have for the next few days to turn my brain off. I won't be getting a lot of sleep this week, but I shall endure and emerge triumphant in the end!

***

On Sunday I went to Duke and helped a guy film a short film for his film class. He was shooting on 16mm, so it was cool to learn a bit about how that works. The lead actor didn't show up, so I ended up filling in. It went pretty well, I think, considering I have no acting experience whatsoever. I didn't have to speak any lines, which is unfortunate, since I think I can do a better job of communicating verbally than through non-verbal cues. Basically, I play a gangster or something who strikes a match on a tree and then is metaphorically killed by nature. It's all pretty abstract, but hey, it's a one-minute student film, so that's to be expected. I'll post a link if it ever winds up online so everyone can watch my Oscar-worthy performance as GUY WHO STRIKES MATCH AND DIES.

***

This is one of the best plot summaries ever.


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?