<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, March 08, 2008

Deja Vu 

I'm stuck in another airport. And unlike Kunming, there aren't any interesting protests to film.

My spring break went well. Went with my dad to a few of his classes and learned a little about counseling people. I spent most of my time sleeping, watching movies and playing Wii. It was scrumtrilescent.

Unfortunately, my flight back was delayed for around 4 hours, so by the time I arrived in Philadelphia I had already missed my connecting flight to Greensboro. Now I have the pleasure of sitting here in the airport until 7:25 in the morning - assuming it leaves on time. It's times like these I really hate flying.

I used my extra time to read all of Life of Pi. What an amazing, amazing book. The ending blew my mind, and I can't get it out of my head. I'm pretty sure it's making a few rather critical statements about religion, but I can't be sure. This is a book that everyone should read and mull over in their head for a few days (if not longer). It will probably mean different things to different people. If anyone reading this is familiar with it, let me know what you thought.

***

Before I forget, I organized all my email blog posts from China onto a new blog, for those of you who weren't part of the email group. It can be found here. Also: it has some pictures those of you who were on the email list probably haven't seen yet. So go take a look. For me.

***

If there was ever a book that should be adapted into a movie...



Quote of Da Moment:
"Hindus, in their capacity for love, are indeed hairless Christians, just as Muslims, in the way they see God in everything, are bearded Hindus, and Christians, in their devotion to God, are hat-wearing Muslims."
--Life of Pi

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?