<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, June 19, 2008

Come On, Atheists, You Can Do Better 

I mentioned a few posts ago that I've been listening to a lot of atheist and Christian podcasts, both to know the various sides of arguments so I'm better prepared for Good God/No God, and also for my own personal benefit and knowledge.

Today I watched an anti-Christianity documentary for similar reasons. I had heard it was pretty good, and they interview Robert Price (the "Bible Geek" guy from the Jesus Seminar), so I was optimistic. I went into it hoping that it would bring up a lot of really good, interesting points that I could research to see if they had any merit. Random thought: is it weird that I was actually hoping to find some legitimate evidences against Christianity? Yes, I believe it is.

Anyways, the movie totally sucked. There was only one decent argument in the whole thing (the one made by Price) that I'm going to have to look into. The rest of the movie was pure propaganda that goes the common route of attacking fundamentalists and their beliefs rather than moderate Christianity.

I'm going to post a point-by-point response on the Good God/No God website. Seriously, it's not worth watching, no matter if you're a theist or atheist. I'm not even a scholar or have credentials in apologetics, and with the exception of one argument all of the director's points are very flimsy.

The things I sit through in the name of pursuing knowledge and learning more about my faith...

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?