<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, June 15, 2008

I Hate The Writer's Strike 

I just finished watching the mid-season finale of the fourth and final season of Battlestar Galactica.

Though it had a few small flaws, this was overall a great episode. I had predicted how it would end from the very beginning of this season, but the final seconds threw in some interesting details I hadn't expected. I think I'm finally starting to understand what is meant by the show's oft-repeated phrase, "This has all happened before, and will happen again." We'll see if I'm right...

Overall, the first half of Season 4 has been very good. Not quite up to the level of Seasons 1 and 2, but much better than Season 3. However, I'm slightly worried about the fact that there are ten episodes left - they could probably wrap up all the remaining plot and character threads in three or four really good episodes, and it'll be a shame if they make the same mistake they did in the last half of Season 3 and make it mainly character-focused filler that has little to do with the overall story. Then again, maybe I'm oversimplifying things in my head and it would take longer to develop everything to its full potential.

Anyways, though it's had ups and downs, this is still a great show, and I'm pissed that I'll have to wait until 2009 to find out how it all ends. Stupid WGA. To quote Cartman: "You go to hell and you die!"

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?