<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, July 28, 2008

Blurbs 

I keep meaning to update more frequently and in more detail, things just always seem to come up. Here are the basics:

Last week was pretty interesting, work-wise. Went on a few film shoots since Dave was hired as a cameraman for an independent film. I have mixed feelings about the experience. On the one hand, I learned a couple technical things. On the other hand, I take issue with a lot of the director's decisions. Let's just say one day of shooting involved a greenscreen, and hours were spent setting up a shot in a way that probably wasn't necessary. Might be going on another shoot tomorrow, not sure yet.

Posted a lengthy opinion on my film blog about why the Watchmen movie is going to suck, despite the fact that the teaser trailer is practically a sexual experience for fans of the novel. I really need to update with some more quick reviews of movies I've seen recently. As a side note: if you haven't read Watchmen, what's wrong with you? Stop reading this right now and go out and buy a copy, even if you're not a comic book/graphic novel fan (which I'm not).

GG/NG episode on UFOs should be up soon. Yay. Also coming up, an RC episode in which I argue with Erik about which is better, Blade Runner or The Matrix. Good stuff.

A few hours ago I got invited to attend a midnight drag competition (read: transvestite fashion show) at a local gay bar. I've read about that sort of thing, and enjoy examining different gender/sex issues, so I really wanted to go. Unfortunately, there were issues with podcasting and we ended up recording later than expected. Hopefully there will be another one before too long.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?