<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, July 21, 2008

A Man's Gotta Do 

I really should have posted about this a week ago.

Joss Whedon (creator of Buffy the Vampire Slayer and the incredible Firefly) got bored during the writer's strike about half a year ago. So he decided to write and direct a low-budget webseries that went online last week. It's called Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog, and is presented in three 15-minute acts.

Basically: it's a superhero romantic comedy starring Neil Patrick Harris (that's Doogie Howser for all you old people) and Nathan Fillion. Oh, and it's a musical. And it's absolutely fantastic. I've watched it multiple times now, and I have all the songs in mp3 format. I also recently bought a Dr. Horrible t-shirt. That is how much I love it. I've been catching myself humming the songs to myself throughout the day - they're really well-written and extremely catchy.

Unfortunately, there were supposed to be unavailable for free viewing after midnight tonight, though I've heard rumors this might be extended. By the time you read this, the only way for you to find out will be to head over to the official website and see for yourself. If they're already offline, I would recommend plopping down the $4-6 for the iTunes download. It's worth it.

Here's a teaser trailer:




***

It's been a good weekend. The Dark Knight was awesome in IMAX - official podcast review should be up shortly. We released a feedback episode of Good God/No God, and the show continues to attract more listeners than I had hoped given how new we are at this. Today I found Mario Kart for Wii, which is phenomenal considering they sell out usually as soon as a shipment gets in.

The only bad thing that happened is that I bought a computer game that my graphics card can't handle. Blegh. That's what I get for trying to use a laptop for gaming, I guess. They won't let me return it, either. Guess it'll be one of those things that sits on the shelf until I upgrade my computer. Not that that's a bad thing - I actually had a great time in China playing through old games that previously hadn't worked for me.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?