<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, October 04, 2008

Maher and Religion 

Kyle and I are going to be recording a special episode of Good God/No God all about Bill Maher's new film, Religulous. I attempted to gather a group of theists and atheists together to go see it tonight, but unfortunately the Homecoming parade was tonight and everyone was busy, so I ended up going by myself. All I will say about it is this: if you like to laugh and you don't mind faith-related questions, you'll probably enjoy this movie.

I don't agree with Maher on everything, and think he can come across a bit arrogant at times, but he does have a lot of good and justifiable opinions and he can usually get a great discussion out of the panel on his show Real Time (which is available in podcast form, by the way). Here's a clip from an episode in which religion was brought up (originally discussing the film Jesus Camp), as well as an interview he did with Larry King back in August.


I like what Reza Aslan has to say. Makes me want to read his book.



Maher talks politics, Rick Warren and Religulous.



The second part of the interview on politics and religion.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?