<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, October 25, 2008

Singles Awareness Day 

Here's the video project I storyboarded and filmed for class. The sound still bothers me, but I can live with it. I'm not going to spend my weekend playing with dials and trying to fix every audio clip that caught a bit of background noise.



Now it's time to start prepping my final project. My storyboard presentation went well, except for one thing: the professor warned that some people might interpret it as misogynistic. This started a class debate on the presentation of gender roles and the nature of comedy. Some people thought it was fine how it was, others thought it needed some gender role reversals. Still others thought it was fine how it was but said a change would be funnier. It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia got brought up as an example of comedy that challenges all expectations about every issue, which is good, since that's what partially inspired my idea. I think I'm going to switch the genders of two characters and see if I can run with it and make it even more outrageous/politically incorrect.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?