<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, February 22, 2009

Well This Was A Surprise 

My Singles Awareness Day party last weekend went well. About 20 people showed up. It didn't finish until 6 AM the next day. It was quite an interesting evening, which I spent sipping a martini, playing various games, and in general just keeping an eye on things and having a good time. Also, according to someone who was extremely drunk at the time, I "swindled" people out of their money and "took advantage of" a woman. But that's a hilarious misunderstanding to be explained another time. All in all, it was fun. Check out Facebook for pictures.

***

Haven't been getting much sleep these past 2 weeks. I've had papers and assignments out the wazoo. This week I've got a midterm and two or three short papers to write, then I'm off for spring break. Yay! I need sleep.

***

So far, this has been the most memorable weekend in quite some time. All I will say is this:

Ladyfriend + pizza + hot chocolate + Star Wars = awesome Friday and Saturday.

It's weird. Just when you think you've learned (the hard way) everything there is to learn about relationships, and are ready for your next attempt, life decides to throw you a curveball. And not just any curveball - the kind of curveball that is very scary, triumphant, disheartening and encouraging all at the same time. The kind that might be just what you need, or just what you don't need, but the only way to find out is to risk it. The windup only took 2 years!

Suffice to say, the next month will be very interesting. After that, it's anyone's guess.

***

By the way, for those of you who read this blog regularly: you might want to subscribe to my account on Twitter. Twitter is basically a collection of "mini-blogs" (140 characters or less). I usually update daily. So for those weeks when I don't have much time to post in-depth on Ramblings of a Constipated Mind, or weeks like the past few when posts have been snippets of updates, that might be a good thing to check out. That is, if you care.

It can be found at this link right here.

***

As I've posted before on this blog, I like Demetri Martin. He is a funny dude, and one of my favorite comedians. He has his own show now on Comedy Central, and so far it's pretty good. On last week's episode of RandomChatter, Ned recommended that people check out Martin's BBC special, If I. He said it was one of the most intriguing comedy performances he's ever seen, just because it was very self-reflective and autobiographical as opposed to a typical joke-centered routine.

So, I checked it out.

I really don't know how to describe this, except to say that it's very different from Martin's usual "Mitch-Hedberg-lite" style of comedy. With the exception of a few minutes of material I had heard before, I am not even sure if I would give this the label "comedy." Maybe... dramady? With a side of philosophy? I'm also very impressed at how open and honest he is when discussing his own life and personality.

Here's the full routine for your viewing pleasure:












This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?