<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, March 06, 2009

I Want To Make Love To Zack Snyder 

And kill him simultaneously.

Just got back from the midnight showing of Watchmen. All I will say is this: I spent the first half of the film (mostly) thinking: "Holy crap. The freakin' 300 guy has done it! He's pulled it off! He's filmed the unfilmable!"

About mid-way through the film, though, things start to slip from his fingers, and he never fully gets it back. The movie ultimately left a sour taste in my mouth. This might be just because I've read the graphic novel - the people I went with who weren't familiar with the source material seemed to enjoy it, overall. It made them want to read the book, so I guess that's a plus.

Erik and I came back and recorded a short, 15-minute review of the film that should be online in a few hours. This weekend we'll be having a much longer, more in-depth discussion of it, which I'm sure will be very, uh... inspired.

It's 4 AM, and I'm off to bed. Gotta get up in four hours to film a promotional video for the Films Committee.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?